Images from the National Puerto Rican Day Parade by Ismael Nunez for PRSUN
Politicians including New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and parade honorees open the National Puerto Rican Day Parade with a ribbon cutting. Then the parade comes alive with music, flags and cultural and political expressions. The yearly display of Puerto Rican pride is a NYC tradition for sure.
Ismael's photo page.
Monday, June 10, 2019
Saturday, June 08, 2019
The 62nd Annual National Puerto Rican Day Parade will take place on New York City's Fifth Avenue, tomorrow, starting at 11 a.m.
2019 honorees include:
- Ricky Martin - Grand Marshal
- José Feliciano - Lifetime Achievement
- La India (GRAMMY® Award-winning singer) - Godmother
- Chi Chi Rodríguez (Golf Legend) - Lifetime Achievement
- Bobby Sanabria (Jazz star) - Godfather
- Alberto Carrión (Singer/songwriter) - Lifetime Achievement
- Ana María Martínez (world-renowned soprano) - Orgullo Award
- Dagmar Rivera (Television hostess) - Lifetime Achivement
- Dalila Zapata Hernández (Model with Down Syndrome) - Rising Star
America's largest cultural celebration with over 1.5 million spectators, this year will also feature 10,000 marchers and many additional attending personalities.
Here are some scenes from the Mayor's Puerto Rican Day Parade reception at Gracie Mansion, June 6:
|NY Police Officers take time off from fighting crime to entertain an audience with a little salsa. The Jara Band.|
|Hiphop Jibarito and a Bronx princess|
|Mayor Bill honors singer Olga Tanon with a proclamation declaring June 6, Olga Tanon Day.|
|Guests @ the reception|
|Singer Olga Tanon|
|Dalila Zapata Hernandez, model with Down Syndrome, who is honored as this year's Rising Star, and her mom|
|Cooling off time|