Sunday, September 25, 2005

In One Hundred Years of Solitude
By Samaris Ayala


Why do I need to surrender to enemies of my memories
It is the birth of urgency to scream
To express ones inner most feelings and thoughts.
On paper is a betrayal to ones privacy, to write
Yes I divulge a thought, and I fear for my life and
those of
my clan
In my life, those nearest are revealed

Mourning initiates torrents of thoughts
And in our renewed journey we revise life
because of death
Presently I am in an array of colors that represent
emotion
I grieve because of secrets, some which slip by

In One Hundred Years of Solitude
I find comfort
To comprehend that life did not begin with
My birth, but rather with history

To create ones heart in order to prepare for
Tribulation is the journey
If one refuses to be vulnerable
One becomes a statue

New York City-based Samaris Ayala contributes her poetry to Puerto Rico Sun. Ayala may be reached at sallypatches@yahoo.com.

No comments: